bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Wallace & Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Wallace & Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 22:28    Post subject: Wallace & Gromit: the Curse of the Were-Rabbit Reply with quote

Anyone else seen it yet? I saw it last week and it was excellent - the best and the funniest film I've seen for a while. All the references to other films were very funny and I loved the way how they managed to put those adult jokes in there, still keeping it safe for the kiddies. Smile
I haven't seen the older ones for a long time, but the "Curse of the Were-Rabbit" certainly isn't any worse than them.

Someone really should start a thread dedicated to movies. "Safe as Film"? Rolling Eyes

"Come back! Come back! Come back! ... Go away!!"

Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 19:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, we had it at the filmfestival here, I saw it. I liked it too.

Love & Peace

P.S. Shame the dog couldn't speak though.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 11:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smiled all the way through it and laughed a lot. So I guess its one of my favourite films ever.
AdamW

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 13:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

I loved it too.

The whole point of the dog, Setareh, is that he can't speak.

His plasticene eyebrows are worth a thousand of anyone's syllables.

Smile

http://myspace.com/adamthomaswalton
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

But I like cute animal voices.

Love & Peace
joeloke22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not too crazy about clay-animation films, but if y'all say it's good, then i guess i would'nt mind see'in it....something tells me that i might not like it, dunno why. Rolling Eyes.....so even if i do go & see it, i'm gonna smoke some bud first, then go see it. Mr. Green

Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 20:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally not into kiddie+adult films either, not at the cinema. But it was cute.

Love & Peace
joeloke22

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 22:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

Neutral it was cute Question.........yueck!
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 00:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

Joe, you should check out "The Wrong Trousers", "A Close Shave" and "A Grand Day Out" first... they're all Wallace & Gromit films and they're very good too!
"The Curse of the Were-Rabbit" is the first full-length movie in the series, I was a bit worried that they would have used some computer trickery and special effects there, but it was just like the older films - traditional clay animation.
(they did have at least one special effect there though - the cheesy Hollywood-style explosion when the plane goes down, but it was one of the funniest moments in the film, I nearly died laughing at that!)

Exclamation
joeloke22

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 01:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

cool!......will look at them when i get a chance.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 07:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cute is a good thing!
The story was simple but amuzing.

Love & Peace
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 08:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
The story was simple but amuzing.

amuzing... is that like amazing and amusing? Laughing

Exclamation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

On jonathan ross they said they used cgi for the bunny o matic where the rabbits are floating in the contraption, but thats the only thing.

'like the great slug epidemic where we had slugs as big as pigs'
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 14:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amuzing is the American spelling, and since I speak it I might as well spell it.

Love & Peace
John Mc

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2005 22:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw it today and thought that, apart from the end bit, it was really disappointing. The short film with the penguins before it was much better.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2