bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Free?!
Free?!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kris

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 05:09    Post subject: Free?! Reply with quote

I dunno what to say about that.... not sure I agree with it.... but if it works and the fanbase grows, then will be good.... I just hope it works!

The sound clips really do sound fantastic - "i don't know any better" & "jerusalem (featuring akira the don)" in particular sound amazing, my GOD does jerusalem sound amazing!

I've spent so long looking forward to this album, and those clips sound like it's going to be worth every second of anticipation Very Happy

Merry Christmas everyone xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Grumble

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 16:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey it's really christmas!
I'd also paid for it but free it's even better!

Thanx for the gift!

Sound clips are great Razz
sturart

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 01:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

Woo. My favourite price!
abec7

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 03:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow! the samples sound fantastic. i may feel guilty not paying for it. thank you, bravecaptain.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2005 23:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

oui, they sound pretty good indeed.

there should be a downloadable parental advisory - explicit lyrics sticker that comes with the album because akira says "fuck" a lot.

free download... hrr hrr... i guess i'll have to spread the word as much as possible then.

Exclamation
Melz

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 02:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow... the samples sound excellent from what I just heard. Wasn't paying 100% attention though - not well. Will listen again when I'm better.

As for making the album free, I think it's a lovely (and very generous) gesture. Let's hope that the fanbase does grow as a result.

Just a couple of other things before I forget: after the excellent artwork from the 2005 singles club, will we see some more for download with 'distractions'? And I know it's early days yet but... how about a 2006 singles club? Wink
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 11:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did something go wrong with the "Campaign" sample?

xxx
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 13:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
Did something go wrong with the "Campaign" sample?

hmm, yes, I was wondering the same actually. I only listened to it once or twice but if I remember correctly, it was pretty good. Well, maybe it's a good thing that I can't play all these samples too much before the album is out. Smile

Melz wrote:
And I know it's early days yet but... how about a 2006 singles club? Wink

That sounds good, but this idea has already been used once and it wouldn't be so cool anymore. How about bravecaptain's Four Seasons ? Rolling Eyes

Exclamation
sparky
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Couple of quick answers:

(1) Singles club is complete now and all the tracks will disappear from the site on 15 January - there won't be another one in 2006.

(2) There will be artwork to go with the new album, which will be online at the same time as the wav files - 30 January.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 14:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another album so soon is a great thing and it being free will help contribute the "Make John Debt Free in 2006" campaign.

Loads of people seem to like the stuff on myspace and giving away tunes on their website didn't do the Arctic Monkeys any harm. The only downer is that I'm going to be away again when its released but only for a couple of weeks this time, it'll give me something to look forward to when i get home.
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 15:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a new "Free" album is it?

A free album in January?!? Free?

Bloody marvelous!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 15:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Couple of quick answers:

(1) Singles club is complete now and all the tracks will disappear from the site on 15 January - there won't be another one in 2006.

(2) There will be artwork to go with the new album, which will be online at the same time as the wav files - 30 January.

Giving away an album is one thing, but I would have thought the stuff that has to be paid for would remain if you're expecting some new visitors to the site
Confused
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 16:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

sparky wrote:
Singles club is complete now and all the tracks will disappear from the site on 15 January - there won't be another one in 2006.

Why, what's the point? Confused Couldn't you at least keep these tracks in some hidden part of the site so that it's still possible to buy them in the future?
When people start flocking in here next year (well, I'll keep my atheist fingers crossed for that!) and find out how good the new free album actually is, perhaps they'd like to buy some of the older songs too, including the old singles club tunes.

Exclamation
MS

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 22:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

BC,

If you are determined to give the album away free - perhaps you could suggest a favourite charity of to donate to in lieu?

As much as I like getting the album free - I would be more than very happy to pay you for the album (it is yor hard work afterall, and given your blog comments you deserve a pay day for it) but perhaps this is the next best alternative?

And I am looking forward to getting the 'eyeless in canton' cd. Is is going to be anything like the performances from allonewordsmallbe?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2005 23:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

martin....

i o u a pint or few Very Happy

love,
slumpy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3