bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - A Day In The Life
A Day In The Life
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2006 13:41    Post subject: d****Rdance Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Yep, Chicks CD's really did exist, if you feel your life is poorer for not having heard them then pm me and I'll send you a copy.

ta!

(see also: your email)
jamieo

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 17:08    Post subject: Re: hears your request and answers... Reply with quote

John M wrote:
Anonymous wrote:
John M wrote:
Let Me Go - Chicks

please tell me about this band

Here is the extent of my Chicks knowledge: They were/are an Irish punk pop group, they had an EP out in the middle of 1998 which I really liked. Steve Lamacq played it loads and said they were the best new Irish band since Ash. I then went abroad for year so the only thing I heard from them was a song on a free CD that came with Melody Maker which I bought for some ridiculous price on import just to hear them. I don't know what happened to them after that, I assumed I'd return to a UK where people were naming their first born's after Chick's tunes but that failed to happen.. I'm not sure ever released any more singles or recorded an album, however their memory lives on in MP3 form on my Ipod.

i've had them all. j
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 20:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

John, they had two EPs out on CD, apparently

Annie's 'part-time' band, Rats Of The Shining Path, which, among others, also features two of Republic Of Loose, including Annie's brother Mick on guitar and vocals, played last night, but I've never seen them, and was too sick to make it.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 13:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

another one for John Mc:

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=61439938
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 15:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got up, ran to work in the rain, grabbed a scone and the paper in the local filling station, booked a ticket for electric picnic (music festival), pricked about on bebo and myspace, played cards with workmates (lost), then filled a 500L tank with sewage and switched it on (my job) pricked about on bravecaptain messagboard, now deliberating on whether it will be lemon chicken or kung po for supper!
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought some of the chicks were in that other band, the chalets? or am I wrong?
discoRdance

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 16:10    Post subject: Reply with quote

you'd be.................... wrong Smile

Annie from the Chicks has more recently been in The Radio, but has left since, and last month performed with sometime band, Rats Of The Shining Path, who feature two of Republic Of Loose, including their singer, who doubles up as Annie's brother. I don't know what the other two ex-Chicks are up to, although Isabel sings on a song on the new Republic Of Loose album, according to a blog entry on that MySpace page up there. So, nope, nothing to to with The Chipmunks, er, Chalets, that I'm aware!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 23:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

FAO of John Mc:

If you're interested, you can listen to the song from the new Republic Of Loose album that sees Isabel from the Chicks share vocal duties, on Republic Of Loose's MySpace page (http://www.myspace.com/republicofloose never seems to work, though, so you'd wanna follow this link...)

http://www.myspace.com/11840055?percent%5Floaded=100%25&cent=100

It's called 'Break'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2