bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - I Met Rob Boo at the Manchester Vs Cancer gig
I Met Rob Boo at the Manchester Vs Cancer gig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
silentbob

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 18:06    Post subject: I Met Rob Boo at the Manchester Vs Cancer gig Reply with quote

I was at the Manc V Cancer gig on saturday and turned around and Rob from the Boos was there. I approached him and he was a really decent guy..The funny thing is I had been talking to him for a few minutes and he said "Sorry, where do I know you from again"..I told him he didn't and I was a Boo's fan and he seemed really pleased that I had recognised him..He asked me what I thought of Kingsize, and he agreed it was some of there best work but Creation were being arses and Martin had had enough. He was there playing with Bez's band Domino Bones which he said was hard work. He introduced me to his partner and he told me he doesn't really have much contact with the other Boo's, although he did ask me if I knew about bravecaptain and Paperlung. I told him i thought the Boos' must be one of the most underated bands in the history of music and then left him to enjoy the gig..but he was really friendly.

p.s ...the gig itself was really good..Doves & Badly Drawn Boy were the best, Johnny Marr & The Healers started with 'There is a Light' and Andy Rorke came onstage and they did 'How Soon Is Now'..Shaun Ryder came on at the end for a version of 'Wrote For Luck' which involved all the acts kind of Jamming..3 bass players was excessive though and Shaun Ryder was just talking shit over it all..New Order were a big let down..Ian Curtis would have been spinning in his grave if he heard what they did to atmosphere.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 18:37    Post subject: discoRdance says Reply with quote

Bobby Boo is in another band now as well? Oh f*ck, do I have to go see them as well in my quest to see the Boo Radleys live? Wink
mixedcases

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a pic of the Boos in the pub quiz that I was at on Sunday. We came 4th by the way and won some pub food, mmmm!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 15:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't rush to see Domino Bones just to see Rob. The music was ok but as a whole it was rubbish..Bez just talking incoherantly over what sounded like some pretty good music..had a female vocalist on who had talent but the whole thing just didn't work for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1