bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - How good is Everythings Alright Forever
How good is Everythings Alright Forever

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
meltin_has_turned

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2005 22:54    Post subject: How good is Everythings Alright Forever Reply with quote

Just digged out my old cd copy I found in a second hand record store 7 years ago. Its a promo from out promotions I dunno if Martin remembers them I've got the names Nicki Kefalas and steve morton linked to the promo company.

This album is so understated the guitars are wonderful and if they had turned up the vocals would have surely been the greatest shoe-gazing album ever. It really is outstanding.
Bodenheim Snr

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2005 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

How good? Very good indeed but caught the shoegazing backlash blah blah blah.
Should be re-released with the Adrenalin ep, Sunfly I & Boo! Forever (the song)?
Or should the rest of the rare stuff be released together?
Geoffroy

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 13:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of my favorite songs are on this album especially the first four.
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 20:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was the album that got me into the boos. I just love the guitar solo at the end of skyscraper - fantastic.
Bodenheim Snr

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 13:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skyscraper is outstanding. Martin couldn't do that bull elephant charge guitar enough for me, you know: song for up; feels like tomorrow; toward the light; at the sound of speed; I will always ask you where you've been...
The first six songs are an extraordinary sequence. There are some belters on the rest of the album but it doesn't quite match the originality of the start.
They toured the album with an extra guitarist, former drummer (& later Placebo member?) Steve Hewitt, and were extrordinarily loud. Played a great double bill with the Pale Saints only the crowd were dreadful: just sat around comparing their death pallors.

B snr
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 14:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

yo!

we never toured with steve wotsit. he'd left the band agea before.

i don't think we had an extra geetar on the pale saints tour either.

but i could be wrong.

i usually am

mx
Man in the know

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 17:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

The extra guitarist was Stephen A Wood, Boos cover artist and member of the Ricky Spontane - http://www.myspace.com/therickyspontane
Bodenheim Snr

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stephen Wood! He was named as the guitarist on the "Find The Way Out" sleeve notes but thought it was a typo. Doh!
Sure it was the Pale Saints tour tho'; I remember the feature in the Melody Maker. Still have it somewhere. The Boos entered the stage to the strains of "Whiplashed", which my girlfriend thought was a mite pretentious.
Memories growing dim alas.
(old codger retires to his alotment)

B snr
Geoffroy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amazing gig, the one with the Pale Saints. I remember the extra gutarist well. Set way too short, considering it was supposed to be a double bill. I loved the Pale Saints but they were dull live.

I read in an old interview on this site that Martin went through a phase where he thought noone liked The Boo Radleys.

I can tell that The Boo Radleys is my 2nd favorite band of all times (1st being New Order). I remember I was co-hosting a radio show in Belgium and I had to announce the split on the air, I was truly devastated.

Martin probably doesn't remember, or maybe he does, but in the nineties, I used to be a rock journalist and we met 3 or times, I think. If he remembers a Belgian journalist who knew absolutely all about the Boo Radleys, well, that was me.

It was great hearing the free album. I will also dowload the 12 singles from last year. "Jerusalem" could be huge, by the way.

To my ears, anyway...
Geoffroy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:41    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and by the way, "C'mon Kids" is an absolute masterpiece and I hope history will make it justice one day. Get On The Bus and Four Saints are my personal favorite on this album. But maybe I should post this in another topic.

I've tried to register but it doesn't seem to work...
Bodenheim Snr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

You sometimes have to log-in twice. Try again. Anyone else got a tip for Geoffroy?
At the risk of offending everyone, I'd have to say that C'mon Kids contained some of their strongest songs and some stuff that was no where near the same class.

B snr
geoffroyk

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2006 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, now I'm connected at last! Very Happy
Dear mister administrator, don't hesitate to delete the member named Geoffroy as this is the same as Geoffroyk, wich is myself...
Sorry about that...
BeeOK

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 09:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw this tour as well but in America on November 13, 1992. The boos opened for a little band called Sugar at a place called the Hollywood Palladium. Astonishing show and really woke me up to what the boos were all about.
Bodenheim Snr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 11:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't see the Boos at all for about 15 months after the '92 shows, not until they started to promote Giant Steps. Their sound must have must have developed rapidly that year. So, I never heard "At the Sound Of Speed" live, which I will always regret.
I was a fan of Husker Du (sorry no umlauts) towards the end of their career & saw Bob Mould play a great show promoting "Workbook." His wig-outs wigged-out more than your average wig-out.

B snr
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1