bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - from excellentonline.com
from excellentonline.com

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 00:10    Post subject: from excellentonline.com Reply with quote

bravecaptain is, Apparently, Dead.

Posted by shane @ Friday October 06, 2006 @ 07:01PM PST

Word has come in fleeting and mysterious messages of late from the world of bravecaptain. As you should know, Martin Carr -- once the songwriting force of the mighty Boo Radleys -- has been putting out albums under the bravecaptain moniker for several years now. Unhappy with the music biz, Carr's most recent bravecaptain album was released in mp3 format on his website for free download.

Now comes word that the final touches are being put on the project -- bravecaptain is dead. Carr's final show as the Cap'n happens this Sunday at the Black Lion Guest House in Kilburn. The gig is being filmed for future DVD release, and fans are encouraged to share their fave bravecaptain memories and stories at the gig.

As for the future, it's fairly murky. Carr, a friend of this site who has contributed to our many projects over the years, is being mercilessly silent and NOT replying to our interview requests. We can, however, cite a source close to the artist who lets us know that, while bravecaptain may be dead, a new band is in the works and will be revealed very soon-ish. We'll pass on the details when we know 'em.

http://www.excellentonline.com/

Exclamation
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 07:10    Post subject: Re: from excellentonline.com Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
We can, however, cite a source close to the artist who lets us know that, while bravecaptain may be dead, a new band is in the works and will be revealed very soon-ish.

I'm looking forward to bravercaptain already. Comebacks are the order of the day, All Saints, Take That and Jay-Z all have new singles coming out, although being dead might hamper bravecaptain chances of returning.

I saw James Dean Bradfield last night doing his solo thing last night, he really, really can sing

Last edited by John Mc on Wed Oct 11, 2006 17:57; edited 2 times in total
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 09:45    Post subject: Re: from excellentonline.com Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
I saw James Dean Bradfield last night doing his solo thing last night, he really, really can sing.

Is this what you call, damning with faint praise?

Shocked

New band in the works eh? Why the silence? Confused

x
gillworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 13:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

coo, good news! perhaps we should start a New Band Name thread - though bravercaptain sounds like he went bankrupt and started a new business under a slightly different name to escape Inland Revenue

I've just imported Fingertip Saint Sessions Vol.1 onto my laptop so of course Big Red Control Machine leaps out as a great band name...

John Mc, you know some of us always thought that JDB could really really sing Rolling Eyes
Kris

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 14:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about, "The Dill Harrises"

Question
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 16:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd heard he was reforming the Boos but since Sice is with paperlung he was going to draft in Fish from Marillion on vocals....

Rolling Eyes
John Mc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2006 18:03    Post subject: Re: from excellentonline.com Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
New band in the works eh? Why the silence?

Cos he's dead, it takes ages to recover from that sort of thing.

Kinkster wrote:
John Mc wrote:
I saw James Dean Bradfield last night doing his solo thing last night, he really, really can sing.

Is this what you call, damning with faint praise?

gillworm wrote:
John Mc, you know some of us always thought that JDB could really really sing

I wasn't meant to be damning with faint praise at all, his voice is ace, I was really impressed. I've only ever seen the Manics in big enormodomes before and did realise how good a front man he is. Plus he looks just like he did during The Holy Bible years.
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2006 08:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

He lost ten stone? Shocked
Lysergic acid

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 03:48    Post subject: Re: from excellentonline.com Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
bravecaptain is, Apparently, Dead.

Posted by shane @ Friday October 06, 2006 @ 07:01PM PST

http://www.excellentonline.com/

Exclamation
Rolling Eyes
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 04:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lysergic acid wrote:
Rolling Eyes

what Rolling Eyes ?

Exclamation
gillworm

PostPosted: Wed Oct 18, 2006 13:45    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
He lost ten stone? Shocked

no he's grown his hair - it's quite long, curly and greasy:

pics halfway down page 1: http://www.foreverdelayed.org.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=34236

(scrol quickly so you don't read the inane chat)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1