bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Love
Love

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 14:41    Post subject: Love Reply with quote

Welcome to the Love thread. Razz
In this thread you're supposed to discuss everything love related - you can tell us what you think about the American rock group Love and their not-so-well-known debut album Love , or the Brazilian football star Vagner Love who plays for CSKA Moscow at the moment. If you don't really care about legendary American rock groups or Brazilian footballers, feel free to talk about the John Lennon song Love , or the classic Edmund Goulding movie Love starring John Gilbert and Greta Garbo, or any other sorts of love and love in general... This is also the right place to discuss the "new" Beatles album Love ...

Right, I'll say a few words about Love , this new Beatles compilation.
I heard the whole album for the first time today, and I thought it sounded pretty good actually! A lot of people will probably say that they're "raping the old classics" and "only doing it for money", but I think it's nice to hear new versions of all those classic tunes, and let's face it, the Beatles and their families have so much money that they could buy the whole universe, so making more money can't be the biggest reason for this.

I'm not sure if any of the songs on Love are actually better than the originals, but like I said, it's interesting to hear new versions of my old favourites that I've heard a thousand times.
The only slight disappointment is that some of the new versions sound way too similar to the original versions, but then again, that can be a good thing for someone who's not too familiar with the originals. Also, there are two or three song selections that I find a bit odd, and some of my favourites are missing, but I guess it's impossible to make a perfect Beatles compilation...

All in all, Love is a great compilation of well produced and remixed songs, so any Beatles fan should definitely buy this album.

Anyone else heard it yet?

Exclamation
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 14:49    Post subject: Re: Love Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:

Anyone else heard it yet?

Exclamation

I remember when some of the beautiful people of this board helped me track down old Boo's classics a few years ago. I said at the time I wasn't really interested in the remixes. i think the same still stands really. By all reports, the 'new' bealtes album is a success, but it just doesn't really interest me.

Love is: My girlfriend. Almost eleven years in and I love her more then ever and more than anything.

x
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 19:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Tommy was talking about the Beatles, not the bealtes Wink

blame it on the portuguese rose from Asda..
Kris

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 22:18    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha ha. Very fnuny.

x
che

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2006 12:07    Post subject: Reply with quote

love is:
"who needs a girlfriend when god gave me an over active imagination + a pretty strong wrist?"
John Mc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 00:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

Courtney Love
Wrote two of my favourite songs forever ever, 'Violet' and 'Celebrity Skin' and is therefore OK by me inspite of being a tad scary.

Lexicon of Love by ABC
Ace 80's album.

And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make
Wise words from Fabwackythumbsaloft Macca.

I Luv U by Dizzee Rascal
Makes up for poor spelling by being the best single this decade. Hasn't the 2000's gone fast? What will people wear in 00's revival nights in years to come? I hope its not that skin tight stuff which Scissor Sisters bloke wears otherwise I won't be able to go.
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 17:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love is really good in so far as it makes you remember just how staggeringly beautiful and inventive that most of the beatles work is in comparison to most of what's about now. Well for me anyway. The clarity of the sound is particularly exciting. Some of the remix ideas did leave me a little cold though.
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

House Of Love

I never even liked their hair.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1