bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Yé-Yé
Yé-Yé

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 02:59    Post subject: Yé-Yé Reply with quote

Here's some more Boos related news for you...

The Yé-Yé album (featuring Sice) that I mentioned on this messageboard about twenty years ago has finally been released. It's called 'My Trap' and it actually sounds pretty good! You can listen to it on their official website:

http://yeyepopband.fr/player/

Apparently it's only available digitally for now, but I couldn't find a way to buy it on their website. However, it seems to be on Amazon at least, costs only £6.99 too.

It's on Play.com too but it's more expensive (£7.25) and I'm too lazy to post a link. Razz

Last edited by Tommy BOO on Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:56; edited 1 time in total
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 03:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

some more information and a strange video:

http://www.anoraksupersport.com/news.php?band=yeye&langue=en

Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some guy from the record label just replied to my mail and confirmed that the album will be released in a physical format at some point.

It seems to be available on Spotify now as well. Cool
Bev

PostPosted: Thu Apr 22, 2010 19:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're full of good news today chap!
Kris

PostPosted: Fri Apr 23, 2010 07:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever happened to PaperLung?
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 19:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

And hey, it's a really good album... I like it, and not just because of the Sice elements.

Not sure about Paperlung - last time I looked their website wasn't even in existence anymore.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately Paperlung seems to be dead, they never updated their website but at least Sice used to log on to their myspace profile regularly. However, according to myspace, he hasn't logged on since 07/08/2008...

It's a shame, I liked their album and they were pretty good live too. I hope that Sice has got something similar planned for the future.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

The new Yé-Yé CD dropped through my mailbox today, and after playing some of these songs repeatedly to death on Spotify earlier, I still like the album!

Sice features on all songs on the album (apart from one, maybe?), and even though there are no clear standout tracks, all the songs on it are pretty solid. You can hear Sice's influence on some tracks, for example 'Heroine' sounds like something that could have been on the Paperlung album... and surprise surprise, the song's actually written by Sice! It turns out that Sice doesn't only sing on the album, he has written a few songs too.

The album will be released officially in September...
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 14:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can download a new (previously unreleased) Yé-Yé track for free if you subscribe to the newsletter on their new official site

http://www.yeyepopband.fr/

The download link appears in the top-left corner of the site (it took me a while to find it...) after you enter your email address and click submit.

The song's pretty good and it has got Sice on it! Razz
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 15:13    Post subject: he loves you, ye-ye, yeah Reply with quote

wake up, Boo!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1