bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Interviews
Interviews

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PerfectFool

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 09:04    Post subject: Interviews Reply with quote

A message on channel 4's teletext music page (The Void p162) pointed me towards a post-AFM interview with Martin at www.creation-records.com. I don't know if everyone has already seen it, if so my apologies for time wasting. Embarassed

Alan McGee Twisted Evil on the same site:

-What about the Sony Compilation a couple of years ago. Did you enjoy that?

I didn't wanna do that. Dick Green is currently putting together a box set, but I think it's still too early, especially as I signed the bands. It's kind of mad but Dick is my friend and I'll let him do it. We're also putting out a Boo Radleys compilation.

-Really?

That was a joke.

-But surely you like 'Giant Steps?'

Yeh, but it pisses me off how they went from that to 'Wake Up Boo!' They saw Oasis have some success and started making records like Sleeper.
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 15:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whatever people say about Alan McGee, there is no record label operating at the moment which has an ounce of the innovation, attitude and genius on its roster as creation did in its heyday.

SFA, the Boos, MBV, Oasis, Jesus and Mary Chain, Primal Scream, teenage Fanclub, Ride it really was a whos who of movers and shakers in the nineties and beyond.

Alan McGee, the outspoken cokehead that he is has said a few disparging things about the boos and other bands. He also has heaped praise on bands as shit as 3 colours red and I remember that ridiculous full page ad he took out in the NME blowing on about the reformed sex pistols.

That is the music business after all and that sort of blather is run of the mill whether it be Alan mcGee, Noel Gallagher or Simon Cowell uttering the remarks.

I don't think the boos are crying themselves to sleep over any comments Alan Mcgee made about them, and I don't see the point of trawling through his intervieews looking for insults either.
billycasper

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

I met alan once, he seemed really paranoid, his eyes constantly darting around the room as if he half expected a sniper to be lurking in the corner. he was promoting malcolm mclaren's bid to become london mayor and genuinely believed malcolm could and would win. but he seems lousy at promotion - read something the other day about how well his death disco club night is doing these days now mcgee is doing more promotion himself - well how about it's doing so well not cos he's doing the promoting but because to devote time to this he's stepped back from djing. anyways, i diverge once again. i asked alan about martin carr and he launched this spiteful rant, the most animated he'd been all night, really spitting his words out, saying he's an acid damaged casualty beyond recovery. i just walked off. spent the rest of the night getting fucked with malcolm mclaren, listening to him boasting that he invented hiphop. At least his bullshit was entertaining - in fact mclaren's obviously everything mcgee wishes he himself was. twattishness is all they have in common, and all mcgee can claim to be the equal to mclaren on. geez, he was such a blow monkey he even called his kid charlie.

rant over.
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2003 19:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fail to see how a man who has signed Mishka and Cosmic Rough Riders in his time can critisize 'Wake Up' ...!

... and even discounting BC, Wichita has still done better albums than Poptones so far:

Wauvenfold
Bright Eyes
My Morning Jacket x2

Still, he let Sice do a solo album so what the heck!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1