bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Cocobu
Cocobu

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2003 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i couldn't really get the coral when i saw 'em but their tunes are creeping up on me.... went over to another one of them lovely (and much mentioned by Peel) Purr Records nights at Bath Moles. Great value at £4 for 3 or 4 bands BUT last night was shite.

Not helped by the fact i was the one stuck with the driving (mind you even if i'd been on that nice sounding cocbu I doubt it would've improved it). Pink Grease were like Sigue Sigue Sputnik meeting Duran Duran and were painfully bad. Not helped by the fact that one of them was fancying himself as Samuel L Jackson and introduced himself by saying come on all yer westcountyn**g*rs lets get down n stuff like that. Not thinking that he said it with any rascist conotations but i'm not comfortable with the sight of a white kid saying that even in irony. Even ignoring that (and maybe my over reaction to it?) their set was awful beyond belief. Shame in one sense 'cos they'd made the effort to look like popstars. Then came some folk guitarist who was nice enough and then the Soledad Brothers who were possibly the most painful headline act i've endured in years.

Began ok but 3 songs in came the first full on guitar solo and thereafter every song went on for ages and comprised almost entirely of - aarrgghh - guitar and SAXOPHONE solos. Yep TWANG TWANG TWANG & TOOT TOOT TOOT non-stop for an hour. Hell. My left ear has gone deaf in protest and I can't blame it. It was terrible. Thank gawd i'll be in one of my fave pubs in 12 hours cos i need to drink it outta my memory.....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1