bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - jesus was a black man
jesus was a black man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 09:47    Post subject: jesus was a black man Reply with quote

i just bought Shaun Ryder's Black Grape CD's. they're like really incredible and absolutely terrible at the same time. anyone have another perspective on this? and where's the cluckin' chicken been?

and yeah bev, i love the Syd Barett records, but they're too personal for me to listen to really. songs like Wouldn't You Miss Me, he knew he was losing his marbles while writing them, and it's just emotionally taxing to listen to. but i do sometimes anyways.
I remember trying to learn some stravinsky tune or other with this youth orchestra i was in, and during breaks i'd be listening to the Syd Barett records and Nirvana. fucking hell.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Bev

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 10:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

"No, Jesus was Batman..."
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 15:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darragh wrote:
no that was bruce wayne!

Syd Barrett said something once about dust motes and empty guitars in his head and it was one of the more sad and poetic statements I ever heard attributed to a rocker.

Not nearly as sad and poetic as some of the shite you've blurted out when full of whiskey and various other chemicals.
darraghh

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 19:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

harhar, very funny you cretin.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2003 20:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first black grape album is great. blindin'. hilarious. ryder on almost top form. the second is shite. apart from get higher and dadi was a badi (or whatever its actually called).
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 06:13    Post subject: Reply with quote

pardon my asking, but is he singing "most of these men seem like Serfs"? in that song? if not i really have to get my hearing checked. but if so, it could be the first use of the term "serf" in a rock song. and that's really..... something.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
darraghh

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 07:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Shaun Ryder has a solo album out in a few months and its supposed to be really bizzare and mental. I don't know if that means utter shit mental, really good mental but I'd say a bit of both!
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 07:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh great! fucking terrific. another CD i just must have and cannot live without that is going to be unobtainable out here! I might have to have one of you send me a copy, unless i can get one from Amazon. did I mention that i have no job nor assets nor prospects? At least I should be able to get the new BC single either from here or the damn Wichita website. Curses!!!!

Vodamusic.com
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 14:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, he was most probably middle eastern, dark hair, dark eyes, slightly darker skin but not quite black. L&P
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 15:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1