bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FingertipSaintSessions Vol.1 vs FingertipSaintSessions Vol.2
FingertipSaintSessions Vol.1 vs FingertipSaintSessions Vol.2
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2003 20:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

The track listing from the abridged US version (titled : Nothing Lives Long, He Sang, Only the Earth and the Mountains, looking at the picture on the web it seems a similar sleeve to Vol 2) 'tis:

1. The Monk Jumps Over the Wall
2. The Tragic Story
3. Tell Her You Want Her
4. Big Red Control Machine
5. Where Is My Head n
6. Raining Stones
7. Assembly of the Unrepresented
8. Reuben
9. Ein Hoff Le
10. Hermit Vs. The World
11. Third Unattended Bag on the Right
12. Go With Yourself
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 16:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

'Nothing Lives Long, He Sang, Only the Earth and the Mountains'?

Hmmm, why did they change the title to that?
Melz

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2003 17:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

If my memory serves me correctly (for once), that phrase is also written in BC's sleeve-notes to the Better Living EP.
Oh, and my vote goes to Go With Yourself because it's got "Hermit Versus The World".

Melz.

(P.S. Sorry for my occasional comments. I'm studying hard for my A-levels and haven't got time to write a full message. Crying or Very sad )
BC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 00:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got Vol. 1 a few days after it came out, and it was such a thrilling experience. I felt like the arrangements were the best Martin had done since GIANT STEPS. "Raining Stones" is really melodic and bouncy, "Starfish" is personal and beautifully sung, "Third Unattended Bag..." is my favorite song by Martin ever and "Little Buddah" is total electronic genius. For my money, you can't go wrong with Vol. 1. That said, Vol. 2 is great, as well. To me, it's all just one big thought... and the whole lot is far superior ADVERTISEMENTS. Just my opinion, but there was something darker and more experiemntal about the FINGERTIP SAINT SESSIONS.

BTW, I love the cover of Vol. 2, as well. I have a painting by Jean Bruno Louisius on my wall... have had it for years. Incredible Cuban artist... so often imitated in the Caribbean... there are many Louisius knock-offs that sell for $15 on the streets. Another great Cuban artist, with a similar style, is Casimir. I'm curious to know how Martin came across that painting. Frankly, I was shocked when I saw the CD cover.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2