bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Inspiration is a fine thing
Inspiration is a fine thing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 17:57    Post subject: Inspiration is a fine thing Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm glad Martin is still creating great music as I can't underestimate the amount of inspiration it can give people.

Can someone listen to my music and tell me it's not ALL bad. Yes, I know I'm not much of a singer (far from it) but I'm losing all hope of being creative.

And i've got nothing else to do. I would appreciate any comments if you have nothing better to do..

If it's not all pop-tastic and fake, no-one seems to care.

End of self-pity. Smile

http://www.geocities.com/thelonestrangeruk/
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 19:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's be honest whenever you click on a link like this on a fansite you aren't expecting much...

....but.....

.. it's was alright man you should definetly keep it up. The acoustic guitar playing is pretty good, i liked the little riff that repeats on the site.
(Maybe you need to 'find a Sice' though ref your voice...! Sorry) Keep at it...

I know how hard it is to share your stuff with people, believe me , so I have tried to be hnest as possible...
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 20:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

Appreciate the comments and the honesty - I find it very hard to make any judgements about it (Except the singing which is currently sice-less!).

Still, I can always concentrate on other areas to improve in the meantime.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 23:29    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey dude
i'm not saying your songs are the best i've ever heard because that would be a lie. but they aren't that crap either, in fact i liked them pretty much. i have to agree with bev, the acoustic guitar playing sounds really cool, but you have to "find the sice"... no, your voice isn't bad, not at all, maybe you just have to try something more special.
anyway, i really think that those songs on your website are pretty good, so just keep up the good work! send a letter to me when your famous Rolling Eyes
Dave w.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got your Heading For The Ditch EP from eBay a few weeks ago, and it's all pretty good. Certainly more listenable than most of the rubbish in the charts. I really like Joy and It's What You Do.

Maybe the singing needs a bit of work, but the melodies are good.

Keep the faith.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 08:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

honestly? you really want to know what we think?.....

actually i kind of like it. 'though i could only download the 1st song there on account of my low connection speed: time available ratio.
and i disagree with the criticism of the voice. it's got a comforting Beta Band-ish element to it.
go get yourself a good rhythm section, and try to find someone who can hit the high registers for backing vox etc. and you'll be in business.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1