bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - The Maiden
The Maiden

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 09:51    Post subject: The Maiden Reply with quote

ok, I'm going to order Iron Maiden tickets tomorrow.... but I didn't try to get radiohead tickets... radiohead are really terrific and credible, and i've been a rabid fan for like 7 years. Iron Maiden are only good in a very Spinal Tap sort of way. but facts are facts, and I'm going to order Iron Maiden tickets tomorrow. What the Hell is wrong with me?! I think I may just be losing it. Iron Maiden?....

as an aside, i don't know if you guys have heard The Postal Service? they're an american side-project band, and their record is sort of Indie Punk-pop but with electronic tracks instead of guitars and such (but not like that fake retro-electro bullshit). it's not amazing in either the pop or electronic sense, but altogether the record is really good. sort of Weakerthans-ish, Rentals-ish. download them if you have a spare minute.

"Taunting us with visions, afflicting us with fear. Predicting war for millions, in the hope that one appears" - words of wisdom from Iron Maiden Wink

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
CiaranMac

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're not losing it Crane. Think about it, the vast majority of people at the Radiohead gig will be standing still, shhshing in respect for yorkes crooning. basically we are talking GEEK. I seen it with my own eyes recently in Dublin. It's rock music for fucks sake. What's with the shh shhing???????

While at the Maiden gig, the potential for excitement and adventure is increased n-fold. We are talking gnarly old roadies, bikers and all sorts of head bangers. Getting your rocks off with them will be FUN not something that happens at the average Radiohead gig (Glasto notably excepted)

I wonder will they have a big inflatable Eddie. If you see Auto from the Simpsons give him a devil sign for me, unless his shoes are talking to him of course.
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2003 13:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw The Iron Maiden back in 1993...... when Bruce Dickinson was leaving, they did a huge greatest hits tour and played loads from the first two albums...... it was great!!!!!

Around 1988 I was a big fan - and by time 93 had come around it was definitely a nostalgia thing, but was well worth the trip because they are very entertaining as a live band in an extremely sad old Dad kind of way Shocked

Anyway - what I'm trying to say is...... they fucking better than Inspiral Carpets at Glasto last Friday - now they really WERE SHITE!!!

Kinks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1