bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Memories to Music
Memories to Music

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 21:28    Post subject: Memories to Music Reply with quote

I've been listening to "Everything's alright forever", for the first time in a good while. I bought the album after reading a review in Select and listening to a free track on a cassette (remember those?) on the cover of the magazine - Lazy Days.

Soon after I took a trip with a friend across America from coast to coast, on a greyhound bus. We were 18 at the time, and it was one hell of an adventure. The cassette in my walkman for 90% of the time on that bus was Everything's alright forever. I'd never heard anything quite like it at the time.

As soon as I hear the CD now, it all comes flooding back. I think music has the ability to almost make you re-live parts of your life.

Anyway, what's my point? I suppose my question is - What music/tracks bring back strong memories for everyone here?

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2003 21:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice story LoneStranger, I'm heading out to the US soon for a year and will deffinetaly be taking EAFE with me... Hope to go from coast to coast too!

A couple of Boo Radleys bring back memories for me... C'mon Kids was the first Boo record I bought and didn't really listen to it much but started playing it around the summer of '99 when I was working nightshift in a factory before I went off to uni... for some reason I felt really depresed and it seem to help listening to it.

Kingsize remins me of my first year in London. It was the last Boos CD I bought and I scoured the record shops looking for it at a decent price. Anyway bought it and fell in love with it straight away. Its the only album I've bought that after the first listening I immediately pressed play again. Anyway I stayed up that night listening to it pretty much continuously.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2003 14:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, a good thread here, but I don't know if I have any special memories... Well, listening to Wake Up and C'mon Kids and Kingsize helped me through many bad times as well...
And then me and a good friend of mine used to call each other every morning at 8am and we just played Wake Up Boo! on the phone and never said anything. Rolling Eyes A nice start for the day that was!
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2003 17:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Tomi that's incredible! Just like in films or something. L&P

P.S. I am too hot, help meeeeeeee I want winds.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 08:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

specifically? whenever i hear Iron Maiden's fear of the dark album i am transported back to the seventh grade. my mum driving me to my cello lessons, me sitting in the back seat rocking out with my tape player. i can even smell the damn car. that was one of the happiest times of my life, to be 13 years old and discovering loud music. things were so simple then.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1