bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Your first Boo Radleys album!
Your first Boo Radleys album!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What was everyone's first Boo Radleys album?
Ichabod & I
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Everything's Alright Forever
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Giant Steps
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Learning To Walk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wake Up
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
C'mon Kids
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Kingsize
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

Bev

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 21:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry to be cheeky che, but that would help me!
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2003 09:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of Ichabod? Christ, would that mean my work on this planet is done?
that would be swell of you actually, i'd be indebted (though i think i'll get you guys back soon enough, fingers crossed!).
problem is my connection is shit in a bucket. one of my droogs has a decent connection, but i can't be sure when i'll be there next. though saying as he has a job and i don't, i'll probably get him to make me a key to his house. and then i'll sit there. and download Ichabod. beautiful Ichabod... any suggestions? you IM or anything?

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2003 23:04    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everythings Alright..... was the first.

I heard Lazy Day and thought it was the most fantastic adrenalin rush of a song I'd ever heard.

I still think the guitar solo in Skyscraper is one of the finest ever recorded by anyone. Also SunflyII (from the Boo! Forever EP) was a hint of greatness yet to come.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2003 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually Che... do you think you could send me a CD-R of Ichabod? I hate to be a pain in the ass, but that buddy of mine with the decent internet connection just spent a couple nights in jail and isn't on great terms with his parents at the moment. I'll send you a money order to cover costs and shipping, but I have to check with my bank about the specifics, as sending money abroad from the US is a bit of a hassle since 9-11.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
BC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 21:00    Post subject: mark Reply with quote

I heard "Lazarus" and bought GIANT STEPS a few days later. I, too, came in my pants... never heard anything like it before.
badsastard

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 21:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bought Ichabod and I on the strength of the successive ep's and i thought it was average and still do. Everything's Alright Forever was a good album but didn't hint at how fantastic Giant Steps was gonna be. GS is the only album i have ever had to rebuy on cd because i wore out the gorgeous double album gatefold - enough said. Wake up! was cool if only for the more experimental stuff especially Joel and Charles Bukowski is Dead (one of my favourite authors - check out John Fante if you like his stuff it's like listening to Status Quo if you like Oasis). I'll always have a special place in my heart for C'mon Kids as I had a copy of it about 4 months before it came out from Martin via his Sister via his Sister's best friend who was my flatmate at the time - Cheers Martin! Aswell as Everything is sorrow and One last Hurrah being superb tracks and I still bought it because of the gatefold sleeve and French Canadian Bean Soup and because anyone this good deserved my money. Kingsize I didn't rate at all. Bit new to the captain's stuff, love on you all Shocked
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 22:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome aboard Rolling Eyes
well said but i disagree with you about kingsize - it's brilliant
BC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 23:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love KINGSIZE, as well. The melodies are all great, though the arrangements are a bit average... especially in comparison with GIANT STEPS. "Building a Monument" is one of my favorite lyrics of all time.
BC

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 00:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

The great thing about the FINGERTIP SAINT discs is that they have a ton of noisy guitar mixed with electronic sounds... all melodic tunes, great singing, but now the arrangements sound a bit Bacharach influenced, which I never heard on the Boos records. "Raining Stones" was especially Bacharach-esque, and "Third Unattended Bag..." reminds me of "Feel Flows" by the Beach Boys.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 14:10    Post subject: kingsize Reply with quote

oh please how can anyone say that the arrangements on kingsize are average?? boos greatness was in the way every album was just better and better until you thought they had reached the point of perfection. any boo fan who has doubts about kingsize seriously needs to listen to it again. sorry to rant but dies anybody really think KS is average? i need a sit down and a cup of tea.
BC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, mrfiresky, your passion is noted. After all, I only started my post off with the words "I love KINGSIZE." And if I think the arrangements on that CD are average, who gives a shit? It's my opinion. Your zealotry is not going to change my opinion, and I'm not gonna change yours. Enjoy your cup of tea... my I suggest a valum, as well.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 19:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello bc. valium taken. your point is just as valid as mine. but mine is better! xx
BC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 00:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great! Now that that's settled...
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 07:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

i actually think wake up is the boos weakest album.......
BC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 18:05    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with you, though I love WAKE UP. Lyrically, I think KINGSIZE is better, and probably melodically too. Still, I like the arrangements and experimentation on WAKE UP a lot more than KINGSIZE. It's give a little, take a little, with those two albums. Both are better than most other albums from those years, though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3