bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Your first Boo Radleys album!
Your first Boo Radleys album!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What was everyone's first Boo Radleys album?
Ichabod & I
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Everything's Alright Forever
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Giant Steps
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
Learning To Walk
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Wake Up
36%
 36%  [ 8 ]
C'mon Kids
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
Kingsize
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 22

adam

PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2003 23:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Man, I can remember vividly getting my first boo's record, "C'mon Kids"...Hated it! THought it was the biggest piece of shit for three months. I had first heard thier song off the "So I married an axemurderer soundtrack (bought it for that song....waayyyyyyyyyyyy betta than the original, & six pence none the richers....best pop song ever recorded in my buddy and i's opinion. In anycase, finally got a couple of songs to grow on me from C'mon kids. (bullfrog, c'mon kids, ride the tiger, evrything is sorrow, and what's in the box) Suddenly, I 'woke up and realized the mess of sounds was figging GENIUS! Followed by getting any cd with boo's featured on it until i was too broke to get all the singles here in the states!
BC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2003 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent description of C'MON KIDS. I too thought it total shite, at first. Even now, it is the one Boo Radleys CD that I listen to the least... not because it isn't toally genius, but because I find it to be so angry and emotionally draining that I'd rather be in the right kind of mood to listen to it, then make it musical wallpaper to work by, and then get burned out of it. That's how much I love that album. It's truly a masterpiece, far more underappreciated than GIANT STEPS.
*BCC

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2003 03:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, i just have a compilation a very good friend sent me from Finland Wink .....u know here in Chile u cant find boo´s stuff...and well i think the boos are great!! Razz
Cheers!
*waves to Tommy Boo*
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2003 18:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah yeah but you should definitely try to find some bravecaptain stuff us as well... i know it can be difficult but you could try some internet auctions or something... you can find a lot of cool boo radleys stuff on net as well and it's not even too expensive. Rolling Eyes
*BCC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 00:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

i cant get bothered! lol im lazy... well but seriously...i have no credit card O_O and im nearly 100% my dad doesnt have one either and if he had one he woudlnt let me use it on net Rolling Eyes
well i can live without BC....... Wink
but if i find it somewhere i will buy it Very Happy

Cheers from Chile Mr Brave Captain Wink
Cheers Tomi Wink
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 01:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, you're wrong BCC
you can NOT live without bravecaptain Rolling Eyes
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 08:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't it a shame only 20 people bought Boo's Albums?
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 09:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

no way man -- i used to have to import boo albums from the UK to the US, which ended up costing me loads (but worth it). however, the first boo radleys album i heard was giant steps... i was working at my college radio station and it was thrust at me with the instructions, "here, pick a single off this or something." so i went home and dropped acid (as you do) and when Barney and Me came on and nearly melted my head, I had to demand it was carted up as an A-list single. been hooked ever since really.

looking back i would have picked lazarus... but oh well, the foibles of youth.

x
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2003 10:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds like a mirror to my first Boo's experience Smile

though it was speed and I was listening to Mark & Lard...
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 08:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

were that a US college PPR? and if so which one if you don't mind me prying?

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2003 09:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

it certainly were a college in the good ol' us of a, mr. crane. why do you ask?
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 04:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

mainly on account of my being a nosey bastard I guess. and hoping you weren't similarly subject to the bureaucratic chauvinist police state hell that was boston university.... right. I'll stop being a big fat baby now. Rolling Eyes

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 09:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

nope. 'twas a small liberal arts college smack in the middle of the midwest, broadcasting at 25 megawatts of pure power. whooo!

x
smokeyoliv

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 18:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

In fat i had E.I.A.F.E. on a tape (i was a poor student Smile And i liked it and when i saw that the boo were coming in LYON (France) for their new LP Giants Steps i just bought it 2weeks before the gig..

It was in a very small club !!!maybe we were 120 persons in a place where only 50 fits ...

We were very close to the band and that was a very exciting show.

I saw them twice for GS, 'cause them came back month later for a second tour in France ... That was the good period! ! !

After that i recorded the "Black session (live) " and listened both the LP and this live, everyday and everyday, and everyday, till wake up! was realeased

DIB

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2004 20:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

my first boos albums were wake up and giant steps,which i bought at the same time,in september 2002.I bought wake up cos of wake up boo,and in fact that and find the answer within and from the bench at belvidere were the only boos songs i'd ever heard at that time, so maybe i shouldn't have bought giant steps as i hadn't heard any songs from it,and had no idea what kind of songs were on it,but i'm certainly glad i did.Although some of the songs took a while to grow on me actually,like butterfly mcqueen,thinking of ways especially,i now think it's one of the best album ever.
A few months later i got cmon kids and kingsize,then learning to walk,then everything's alright forever,and i think they're all brilliant.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3