bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - FingertipSaintSessions Vol.1 vs FingertipSaintSessions Vol.2
FingertipSaintSessions Vol.1 vs FingertipSaintSessions Vol.2
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 14:03    Post subject: FingertipSaintSessions Vol.1 vs FingertipSaintSessions Vol.2 Reply with quote

which of the two should someone who has only listened to (and loved) Advertisements For Myself (- despite being apprehensive about listening to it, beforehand) listen to first?
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both about the same quality, but if someone were to put a gun to my head I'd probably wet my pants.

Kinkster
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 15:30    Post subject: Reply with quote

right now i would choose fingertip saint sessions pt2 (go with yourself)
it's longer than part one, even though i have to say they are pretty much equally good. why don't you just buy them both? Very Happy
paulwhite

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 17:31    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingertip Saint Sessions 2 for me, probably because it's longer, but I think it's far better than Vol 1.

It's probably because I've listened to it, more recently, though.

I like the artwork, too.

paul.w.
LoneStranger

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 18:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go for Vol.II - despite "third unattended bag" being one of my all-time favourite tracks.

I think I might just have to play it now.....
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2003 19:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are both ace - 2 is a bit more 'polished' than 1 I think, so depends what mood you are in...

I'd say make sure you include Better Living ... EP + Corportation Man single as in your condsiderations as well though...
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 08:14    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was really forced I'd go for Vol One as I think it's more consistently brilliant and a little more "strange" Shocked

Kinkster
ciaran

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 09:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

They both have their moments and though my favourite songs from the two are both from the first (some tongue twister; 3rd bag, raining stones) the second is kind of better. captain america and some of the ep tracks (corporation man, stronger, better living) would have made one of them an indispensible classic.

But I prefer artists to release eps with non album tracks, think the beatles and all their classic singles that never appeared on any album till the best ofs came out.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2003 21:17    Post subject: Reply with quote

volume 1 gets the nod from me too, though vol 2 has the better cover! - think Vol 2 is just a bit to erratic. put the best bits from both together and you have a record nearly as good as AFM mind.
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 22:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinkster wrote:
They are both about the same quality, but if someone were to put a gun to my head I'd probably wet my pants.

Kinkster

hehe Smile
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 22:44    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
right now i would choose fingertip saint sessions pt2 (go with yourself)
it's longer than part one, even though i have to say they are pretty much equally good. why don't you just buy them both? Very Happy

I have, and got them quite a while before AFM, on the strength of liking Better Living (etc) but then was never quite brave (no pun intended) enough to listen to 'em. Still have some of the early Boos stuff to listen to, too...

Confused
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 22:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bev wrote:
They are both ace - 2 is a bit more 'polished' than 1 I think, so depends what mood you are in...

I'd say make sure you include Better Living ... EP + Corportation Man single as in your condsiderations as well though...

Corporation Man has to be one of the best tracks never to make it to an album. If we ignore The Beatles, I can't think of a better one. But I'm not gonna think too hard either..!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 22:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy Tynans Lovechild wrote:
volume 1 gets the nod from me too, though vol 2 has the better cover! - think Vol 2 is just a bit to erratic. put the best bits from both together and you have a record nearly as good as AFM mind.

isn't that what happened on a US release? wonder if they got it right in terms of the best tracks, or whether it was done with running order in mind... or failing that, what it was thought would be more appealing to a US audience.
Confused

and why did this part of the world (well, where I am, anyway) not get Put Your Arms Around Me And Tell Me Everything's Going To Be OK on Kingsize?? hmmm....
discoRdance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2003 22:53    Post subject: So... Reply with quote

I think that's 4-2 in clear votes to no.2

ta everyone Very Happy
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2003 09:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

naturally i had to get the US release. and it's missing a few tracks. so i'll have to eventually get both parts one and two individually. i love it though. especially tragic story, raining stones and monk jumps over the wall/

repackaging is the devils tool. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000096IBA/ref=ilm_rc_473411/103-6589662-1037460

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2