bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Desparate For New Music
Desparate For New Music
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bev

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 16:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

The recent Coceteau Twins 'best of' called Stars & Topsoil.

Ok, that's not how you spell it, but I've had a shit day at work and cannot figure it out and I aint going upstairs just to check...

But it is SUBLIME
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 19:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

according to the furry logic website all the mixes from the fuckin' excellent phantom power are to be released on a couple of 12"s.
Melz

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 18:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bought the new Libertines single "Don't Look Back Into The Sun" yesterday and was impressed. The new version of "Death On The Stairs" is excellent!

Melz.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2003 18:54    Post subject: Reply with quote

okay this isn't anything you're actually looking for, but i suggest "Two Steps From The Move" by Hanoi Rocks Very Happy surely one of the finest records ever made... it's already pretty old (1984 i think) so it might be quite difficult to find but i've seen it for pretty cheap in england so it's definitely worth buying. and there's a double vinyl too if you're more into that stuff.

tom petty's "wildflowers" is excellent too, just like someone said earlier.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 16:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whilst many of my better friends where doubtless enjoying a F A B comeback from ye mighty Argyle today, I went pay day record shopping. Predictably some of the stuff on me list ain't out yet but I did - on the words of mr billy casper earlier on this topic board - get the Relaxed Muscle Billy Jack ep. Really like it, very splodgy. Techon/Glam n pretty darn catchy. Yay. Enough to persuade me to look out for the next one when it comes.

Also got The French "Local Information" & V/A "Original Jamaican Sound System Style" which features tracks from Shirley &
Llee, Fats Domino, Calvin Boze and a whole heap of others. Have yet to play either yet but I suspect the compilation one will be my album to see one fab summer out with. Will post later when i've listened to 'em, whether anyone cares about my opinions or not!!!
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2003 20:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well The French album is very very good. Dunno who to compare it to buts its a sort of lo-fi synths n occasional guitar record and its very autumnal. If that makes sense.

The Jamacan compilation has put the biggest fuck off music related grin on my face since I first heard Phil Spector's Christmas album. Its fantastic and if you couldn't smile listening to it then you truly would be a souless indiviual. Fave comp of the year, and quite possibly fave comp ever. Yep giving it a listen gives you the kind of happy buzz that makes you prone to overstatements like that. Anyway go get. Its tipper top.
david

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 02:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
okay this isn't anything you're actually looking for, but i suggest "Two Steps From The Move" by Hanoi Rocks :.

hanoi rocks!
haha
anyway if something finnish has to be recommended, then i've loved Liekki since i first heard them (though i dont understand a word of it) and their Korppi CD is boss.

as for the guy asking about the phantom power DVD, its not as expansive as teh RATW one, and navigating it is a bit of a pain in the arse (you cant just play all the vids or all the remixes in one go)
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 12:38    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's Liekki's music like? Confused
I'm Finnish and I don't know anything about their music... Embarassed
But don't laugh at the mighty Hanoi Rocks - they still rock like fuck! Very Happy
david

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2003 17:21    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tommy BOO wrote:
What's Liekki's music like? Confused
I'm Finnish and I don't know anything about their music... Embarassed
But don't laugh at the mighty Hanoi Rocks - they still rock like fuck! Very Happy

hmm, i'm fucking rubbish at describing music, esp foreign stuff! i saw them described as being a bit like belle and sebastian, which while i dont really agree with, i wouldnt throw fruit at someone for saying it... i was under the impression they'd had at least one hit in finland (pienokainen) - and i remember hearing that song on the radio on a tram in helsinki a week or so after i saw them - that said the gig wasnt very big (just a small club for a few hundred people, next door to where the stone roses played when they were in tampere i'm told)
i bumped into the singer one day and he nearly had a heart attack that someone was asking about his band in english!

http://listen.to/liekki
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2