bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - how infuriating are spiritualized live?!
how infuriating are spiritualized live?!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2003 23:37    Post subject: how infuriating are spiritualized live?! Reply with quote

Gawd.

The bierkeller is a nice small venue to watch the lovely Spiritualized. And for an hour it was top tastic. Promoting a fantastic new album, they mixed great versions of the new ones with some long loved classics. Then they did a good slice of stuff from the lovely n somewhat neglec ted Laser Guided Melodies. Then that was it. Now i'm not one for insisting that bands should play encores but as the final 30mns of the set was a bit indulgent (again!!) it could've done with a couple of encores to pick it up, to leave us all buzzin' n wishing they'd played more. For a band that I continue to love loads they do drive me nuts live, will I ever see a crackin', nay faultless Spiritualized live gig?! Not ever I now think! Shame 'cos it was bostin' for an hour and the new album is another gem.

Ho hum.
Bev

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2003 19:27    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I saw 'em live they did no encore either, but they finished with a verison of Lord Can You Here Me? which was one of the most awesome things i've ever heard... (I mean "awesome" literally, not like a Skater Kid saying "awesome" just because he's found managed to do up his own shoelaces)
darraghh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 15:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw them in the dance tent at witnness a cupla years ago. Its was mind splintering. The sound was absolutlely massive and when the big whuohwhoas came floating out of the drone at the climax of let it flow, I wet meself, cried and orgasmed all at once.
D.
Plank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

yep, i'd go along will all that. saw them at the electric ballroom on tuesday and i haven't got the new album but the new stuff sounded great, along with a top 'come together'.

that said, the strobes during walking with jesus did make my eyes bleed.
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 06:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw them ~a year ago in Boston touring for their last record. it was an incredible show. was there with 3 great friends of mine. no choir, but a shitload of horns, really loud horns. Do it all Over Again and No God Only Religion were highlights. and a final rendition of Lord Can You Hear Me that left me in a near ecstatic seizure.

The new record is really something else. the spirit of Ladies and Gentlemen with more Stooges and Mary Chain. I'll fucking be there.

and isn't "she kissed me (it felt like a hit)" a swell tribute to the recent producer/wife-beater-turned-murderer Phil Spector? "He Hit Me (It Felt Like a Kiss) really should have been a sign that the man was completely fucked up.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 21:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

The latest album is very top. They were well worth seeing its just it finished on a bit of a whimper. I've seen them do "Oh Happy Day" as an encore and also (last time around) some Spaceman 3 stuff and thats left me with a buzz and i just wanted that this time to. But i will see them again!

Next up are the Rapture. Pretty good new album and i'm told they are excellent live.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1