bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Boobytrap nite...
Boobytrap nite...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 11:48    Post subject: Boobytrap nite... Reply with quote

right... so who's going to the captain's london gig on tuesday? the other two bands playing with him are ace as well...

x
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to the Leicester one.

Can I safely assume A Step In The Left Direction will be available to buy there?
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 12:23    Post subject: Reply with quote

they'll probably sell it at the London gig 'cos it's the label's night... don't know about the other gig...

have you tried ordering it off the boobytrap site directly?

x
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 13:32    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be doing if they don't have em next Thursday Smile

Have a great time
Plank

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 12:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm going to the garage despite my luddite mates refusal to accept concept of a laptop set. so:i'll be on me own, frowning and drinking.
billycasper

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 16:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok so I'm lame for taking an age to reply, but I'll be there - I think you knew that anyway. Any plans for a pre-gig booze up anywhere, or is that a stoopid qwestion?

til tomorrow,
billy
xx
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2003 19:50    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the real question is, who will fly me over to London and then back to see the show? Wink

L&P
PrincessPunkRock

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 15:43    Post subject: Reply with quote

bloody hell -- that was a BRILLIANT gig!!!

the captain was in top form... mc mabon was superb... and kidz with toyz were just hands down ace! one of the best line-ups i've seen in ages...

saw billy there... who else of you lot made it down?

x
gillworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 21:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that emotion! what an ecellent gig. I wrote a bit of a review for some friends:

Last night's BraveCaptain gig was excellent, much more enjoyable than the previous laptop gig I saw. Upstairs at the Garage is a tiny venue with a tiny stage, bar and standing area. The Captain was on first at this Boobytrap promotion, though you might never have known it was, the only clue being the wee badge I was given on admission which has a logo on it...Anyway, he played a blinder as they say, 'Stronger' being the first vocal after a recording of what I took to be a Black Power speaker, (someone correct mer here!) I suspect he uses the song as a kind of apology, the lyric 'I'm not much of a singer' telling us not to expect too much! The non-stop mix of electronica seemed more varied and more exciting this time around, difficult to describe it, though the style is familiar from Advertisments for Myself. I have to apologise for not recognising the second vocal, though it was very good, and the third I took to be brand new as he read from a notebook as he sang. The vocal was put through an kind of echo so it was atmospheric but a little indistinct, overall the song sounded really good. 'Release' featured some nice echoey reverb too. He still reminds me of a mad professor, sitting at his table with laptop, a wee mixing desk and (I think) a mini keyboard, hiding under his sunhat which only has a "69" embroidered badge on it , plus fag and beer bottle. He's a bit inhibited by the table, the right leg jiggers non-stop and he moves from the waist up, grooving in a swaying side to side motion to his music. It's good to see that the audiences at these gigs are really appreciative, the applause at the end was really enthusiastic. I was very surprised that the Boobytrap involvement wasn't more upfront, I didn't even see the cd on sale when I arrived. Guess everyone there knew what it was about!
Kris

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 18:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to say that I'm really fucking gutted not to be at Leicester tonight.

Play a blinder Martin and everyone have a great time.

Kinks
ken from rhyl

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2003 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey i went to the london gig 5 hours on train and no fucking drummer?....where was the fucking drummer and bass player? cost me £5 to get in and no drummer? fucking hell......
MaliciousAuralExperiment

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2003 08:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw ken... you should keep taking your meds, man. i'm surprised they let you out for a 5 hour train ride.
kenfromrhyl

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2003 09:42    Post subject: Reply with quote

anyway forget it no hard feelings, (maybe next time we could have a laptop drummer? - just a thought) you may be pleased to note that i managed to fart in time to a bit of "rods got one" in my car last night..the problem being that when it got to the mad bit at the end i almost followed through!!!
Kris

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 15:26    Post subject: Reply with quote

so how did the Leicester gig go?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1