bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - where'mygonnafind aviewthatfitswithmine?
where'mygonnafind aviewthatfitswithmine?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2003 20:05    Post subject: where'mygonnafind aviewthatfitswithmine? Reply with quote

Chart attack.

If you think the music business is in a sorry state now, you won't believe what it's like in the year 2020! The other night, I was just having a quiet few drinks by myself, I put Blondie's 'Picture This' into my stereo and it had got as far as the line "All I want is 20/20 vision," when Debbie Harry, The Ghost of Music's Future, appeared before me. She said, "Come with me, this is a vision of 2020." So, with little hesitation, I did. Yet, when I got there, the music scene was way, way, way beyond comprehension!

There were no remaining musicians or singers, or no genuine human ones anyway; they were all 'Dolly the Sheep' style clones of artists from music back in the 20th century. Even featuring a brand new type of clone fresh to the market – clones which, weren't a replica of one person, but a mixture of two. Two separate people cloned together to make one brand new 'pop star'. Kind of like in the film 'The Fly'. Dolly Mixtures is what they were dubbed by the media, but they were hideous!

There was this guy who everybody loved, because he was really "funny" and really "cute" – he was called Robbie WillSmith – and he danced and acted too! His latest hit was called 'Millennium Willennium' and it sampled a James Bond theme, as well as 'Rock The Casbah' by The Clash. Next, there was this Madonna type 'diva' named Britney Houston, and there was even a kids group on the way called S Club 5ive, for those music lovers who couldn't count higher than one and needed to tell their parents how many replica dolls they wanted for Christmas, no doubt. But the latest and most popular guy around was this dance music DJ known as FatBoy George. The whole music scene was just chaos.

Right then, I realised that this wasn't 2020… it was now!
I'd had too much to drink, I'd switched from the CD section to the radio section on the stereo, by accident, and the 'Top 40' was playing away.
So I put on 'Advertisements For Myself' instead, and thought to myself, 'Phew, there's hope for us yet!'

Smile
darraghh

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 16:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish drink would have that effect on me. Are you sure there wasn't morphine in it?
gillworm

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2003 21:28    Post subject: Reply with quote

aw, bless!

yeah, especially Wichita, always has been my favourite track. sanity at last inside your private hell!
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 17:35    Post subject: Reply with quote

darraghh wrote:
I wish drink would have that effect on me. Are you sure there wasn't morphine in it?

nah, no morphine... nothing but a taste of reality Confused
discoRdance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2003 17:36    Post subject: Reply with quote

gillworm wrote:
aw, bless!

yeah, especially Wichita, always has been my favourite track. sanity at last inside your private hell!

are you in the right thread? Shocked
gillworm

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 20:48    Post subject: Re: where'mygonnafind aviewthatfitswithmine? Reply with quote

discoRdance wrote:
Chart attack.

I'd had too much to drink, I'd switched from the CD section to the radio section on the stereo, by accident, and the 'Top 40' was playing away.
So I put on 'Advertisements For Myself' instead, and thought to myself, 'Phew, there's hope for us yet!'
Smile

with me yet?
CranesAreFlying

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2003 07:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

deborah harry was really really.... really really really hot.

Vodamusic.com
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
discoRdance

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2003 03:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, Gill.

altho, as you mention it, that voice at the start of track 1 does annoy me to the point where I often start listening to the album at Stand Up And Fight

oh, and yeh CAF

she's up there with Gemma Hayes (now)

*snigger*

(^ private joke)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1