bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Graveyard
Graveyard
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 02:19    Post subject: discoRdance says Reply with quote

Only 64 years young, 'The Commitments' wouldn't have been the same without Mustang Sally and In The Midnight Hour .

R.I.P Wilson Pickett

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006 08:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

or if that picture doesn't show up...

discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

ding dong, the 'vic is dead.

rot in pieces.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2006 11:53    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grant Mclennan. Grant Mclennan Grant Mclennan.

I'd always thought it a bit soft to feel devestated over the death of someone you never nor would ever meet, of someone who'd only play a part in your life through music, something countless songwriters do.

I can remember Marley dying but was too young to have fallen in love with his music, Ian Dury was sad but not unexpected and tragic though Jeff Buckleys death was it still never hurt ME. But the go-betweens wove their songs into the fabric of my life as much as my football team, my city, my politics... so may be i shouldn't be surprised that i couldn't get more than one verse into Cattle and Cane without my eyes swelling up.

A beautiful man by all accounts, and a beautiful band too. I'm glad FH and me made it to the Barbican retrospective a couple of years ago, listening to a copy of it now its unbelievable that it was so complete, so perfect... bollocks to the cup final, i've an afternoon of listening ahead of me.

Rest if yer wanna GM.

lovegoeson

ttlc.
gillworm

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 18:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

that gave me a jolt too, I saw the Go Betweens supporting Orange Juice over 20 years ago and of course Edwyn's still recovering from his brain haemorrage. 48 isn't old at all, it may seem a long way off to you youngsters but to me it's no age. damn shame.
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 00:09    Post subject: Reply with quote

That must've been some double bill....

but it does freak yer don't it? and agree 48 is no age, heck i'm nearly 3 fondant fancies into me life now and its all a bit scary...
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 06:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know reading about Grant does make you realise...God will be blowing the half time whistle on my life soon...However I steel feel and act about 22 and life has NEVER carried any guarentees.... some people die incredibly young. I lost a friend to alcoholism recently. He was only 33

And in any event I'm hoping for lots of stoppage time, extra time, then penalties.... Laughing

And hey if there is a God I might get a replay.
Kris

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 08:55    Post subject: Reply with quote

Without wanting to get too morbid... When i was 19 I told anyone that would listen I wanted to be dead by the time I was 30.

That's in August this year Shocked

How stupid I was in my youth, because I've never been happier than I am right now!

xxx
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 20:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

ay i love me thirties, something nice about being settled n having a house n that... tbh i've been happy since i left the waste of time (for me) that was school. the only problem i've had with getting old is getting closer to snuffing it but seeing as the big fella is bound to have room for me/i'll come back as a bear and can hibernate all winter whilst the world gets up in the cold (delete as appropriate) i'm not too worried about that either!
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 17:57    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM
Edit post Edit Reply to this post Reply

Posted: Wed., May. 24, 2006 08:06:57 AM MST
LOS ANGELES (CelebrityAccess MediaWire) -- Ian Copeland, legendary music agent, brother of Police drummer Stewart and International Records Syndicate founder Miles, and owner of the Backstage Café bar in Beverly Hills, passed away May 23rd after a battle with melanoma. He was 57.

Copeland was instrumental in the ‘70s and ‘80s music scene, being the first agent to promote independent UK bands in the US at the time, helping England’s exploding punk scene spread around the world.

As the founder of Frontier Booking International, Ian helped several major groups along their way to success, including Adrian Belew, the Buzzcocks, the Cure, Gang of Four, Iggy Pop, Morrissey, R.E.M., Nine Inch Nails, and of course, the Police.

Copeland was born in Virginia, but grew up with the family in the strife-torn Middle East with their busy CIA father. Ian soon turned out to be a problem child, hanging out with the wrong crowds and dodging Lebanese police, and soon left the country. He later joined the U.S. Army, and spent one year in Vietnam.

Ian’s older brother Miles gave him his first break in the music business, as a road manager for an up-and-coming British hard rock act called Wishbone Ash. Traveling between Great Britain and America over the next few years, Ian learned the ropes of the biz, and soon found himself dealing with higher up executives and learning the qualities of persistence and determination.

Copeland gave a backstage account of all of his unusual and fascinating experiences working with marquee performers in his book Wild Thing, which discussed his life, his love of the music, his struggles, and his true rock n’ roll spirit. The book discusses the world of rock from an inside angle, and all of the colorful performers, roadies, groupies, managers, and agents Ian met along the way.

In recent years, Ian could most often be seen behind the bar at his Backstage Café in Beverly Hills, happily cavorting with his often noteworthy regulars, and offering up some of the best rock and roll to be seen in a 100-capacity bar.

Information regarding memorial services are expected to be announced over the next few days.

He was the Boo Radleys' agent for a while. We used to visit him in his, frankly unbelievable, beverley hills pad and drink and smoke doob and look at madonna's house through his telescope and play paint ball and jam. He would get all pissed and get his M16 out and scare the shit out of us. Lovely bloke.

R.I.P babe xx
discoRdance

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 07:00    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P. Desmond Dekker

oh, and Gorky's Zygotic Mynci, too.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/wales/5022382.stm

Neutral
Tommy Tynans Lovechild

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:47    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desmond Dekker
One of the few to have played in Plymouth when I lived there so respect to him for that alone. He was mighty entertaining and a top voice.[/quote]
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 07:58    Post subject: Reply with quote

billy preston ( september 9, 1946 – june 6, 2006 )
one of the many "the fifth beatle" candidates, and of course a musical genius.
he had been in a coma since last november apparently (which i didn't know) and then died yesterday. rest in peace billy.

Exclamation
Kris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 14:08    Post subject: Reply with quote

Syd Barrett 1946-2006.

Shine On You Crazy Diamond.

x
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 17:06    Post subject: Reply with quote

goodbye then syd, you wonderful freak of nature.

Crying or Very sad
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6