bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - It sounded so real when he spoke...
It sounded so real when he spoke...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 09:53    Post subject: It sounded so real when he spoke... Reply with quote

A few days ago I saw a documentary about Robert Kennedy, John's brother. And now I have to share this...

Let's pick it up from the beginning, I believe that in order to be a politician on top level you basically have to be corrupt, evil, uncaring. Anyone who isn't like that will be ousted before they have the opportunity to reach power. So I don't think Robert Kennedy was an angel or the kindest creature on earth. Although one could argue that Robert never reached the peak of the world of politics on his own and thus was not corrupt enough (when he was with the justice department it was during his brother's presindency, once his brother died Johnson basically attacked him, and once he on his own tried to become the president he was murdered).

Anyway, the documentary painted the picture of a man who started out politically aggressive and flawed. As time went by he started to become more diplomatic and favouring dialogue to fighting. He started travelling around the world (after his brother's death) and within the USA and was devestated by the poverty and misery of other human beings. From being a man who was focused on gaining power he became someone who wanted to change his country, the world and improve the lives of everyone in it.

I can't really go into this too much on here but if you see the speeches of the later part of his life it sounds so authentic, when he says poverty is the greatest enemy of the USA he sounds like he meant it.
There was an interview in it with him after he'd been to Mississippi, in which he said that the USA each year spent 75 billion dollars on weapons, 3 billion on dogs, surely there must be a way to help the poor...I just can't imagine any American president/presidential candidate speaking like that today. And even when they try to sound compassionate, it just doesn't feel real.

And then they shot him... Mad

Love and Peace, one day
Setareh
che

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 17:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

i saw that very programme last night on my beloved UK history.

'reputations' i think.

no, he appeals not to me whatsoever.

kötbullar.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 18:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

che wrote:
i saw that very programme last night on my beloved UK history.

'reputations' i think.

no, he appeals not to me whatsoever.

kötbullar.

I'm not sure it was the exact same but anyhoo, why not?

Lingonsylt. L&P
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2003 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a document about JFK too.

Blåbärssoppa.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1