bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - new ep comments, etc.
new ep comments, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2003 20:06    Post subject: new ep comments, etc. Reply with quote

Just downloaded the new ep. Thankfully, there is DSL at work! I give it a thumbs up, well produced, although not my fave BC stuff. What I do like about it is that Martin is still changing directions, trying new things, it's more honest. It seems that with the Boo Radleys, the music was just weird, fantasy ideas translated into song (aka C'mon Kids) which is great! But he says what he feels now, more up front about it. I'm really interested in his take on religion. When i was listening to the ep, it made me think of SFA's "Run Christian Run". Have you ever seen that video?
When that album came out, they had a relese party nearby and played the DVD. After that song's video, many people clapped and cheered. That really struck me as interesting. I think people see the hypocrisy in religion and turn away from it. Even if people believe in God, they don't believe in religion. Or they pick and choose what they want to believe, like a buffet. At any rate, the new ep is well done. I'm glad it came out, we all need a little inspiration
gillworm

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2003 22:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with everything you've said there, there are some great moments though not quite up to the very high standard of 'Advertisments...'

The religion question is iteresting too, it's a subject that is rarely touched on in pop, as if no one dares to tackle it or question its validity. I keep smiling when I hear the recent REM song, Bad Day, there's a line 'all men were created equal, here's a church, here's a steeple'...Even so called political bands rarely even refer to religion in any way.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1