bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - BRAVE CAPTAIN BANK HOLIDAY
BRAVE CAPTAIN BANK HOLIDAY

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 14:47    Post subject: BRAVE CAPTAIN BANK HOLIDAY Reply with quote

I am not working this afternoon as i am depressed that christmas has finished. Am going to listen to records that i purchased last year and dismissed after 1 play as being shit. the first one is "life on other planets" by supergrass which I actually think is rather good. I suggest we have a day next week that we declare BRAVE CAPTAIN HOLIDAY where no regular poster goes to work (we ALL phone in sick) and listen to records and tell (bore) each other about it WHADDYATHINK?
Vote You

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 14:48    Post subject: Reply with quote

damn you beat me to it. I was just logging in this very minute to bore you all with a huge waffle about Kingsize just being THE MIGHTIEST ALBUM THE UNIVERSE HAS EVER, AND PROBABLY WILL EVER KNOW!!!

and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be, and you know you gotta be all you can be,

vu
xx
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 15:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingsize.After 3 listens I knew the Boos were going to split. they were just too awesome gorgeous and fantastic to continue. In a world where the verve were considered tops what chance did they stand? to this very day the swooping twists in the tunes on kingsize just make me wanna grab someone on the street and say LISTEN TO THIS.
John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 15:37    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before I discovered this website I thought I was the only person in the world who loved Kingsize but it warms my heart to know there are other people out there who know how great it is.

Brave Captain Bank Holiday sounds like a great idea. Apparently the most people ever logged into this site at one time is 13 users. Surely we can beat that.

I used to love Supergrass, the singles off their first album were sooooo good.
Colin

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 16:11    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingsize is definately the Boo's most accomplished album. Sice's vocals were perfection, the songs also. i bought the album in barcelona a coupla years back and 'building up monuments...' reminds me of that nice summer. the whole album from start to finish is one of the best ever. at least the boo's went out at their peak. and 'the fingertip saint sessions' for me continued to show martin's class.

"fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months"
-Oscar Wilde
Vote You

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 16:12    Post subject: Reply with quote

I should Coco is a fecking brilliant album! It sounds like the most youthful album in the world, EVER! Which makes the sound of the band recently all the odder.

At glastonbury this year they sounded, and looked, fucking bored.

vu
xx
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1