bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Chrimble!
Chrimble!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bravecaptain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 11:36    Post subject: Chrimble! Reply with quote

Many Chrimble to everyone out there.

Should we do a Chrimble questionaire?

Ok, all questions sent in before New Years Eve will blah blah you knows the sketch.

The new Kelis single is mighty.
Return of the King is astonishing.
The thrills make me wanna eat a shotgun.
che

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2003 15:40    Post subject: Reply with quote

ooh. groovy. here's a really anal one for you.
right.
1. that guitar in 'running off the ground' at about 2'30" in. quite low in the mix. lasts to the end. miserable sounding. very sweeping. how does one recreate this? cos, i wanna rip it off.
2. let it be vs. let it be... naked?
3. did you get anything nice for xm*s?
4. what the fuck is setareh on about?
5. fumer tue.

B.O.B. XXX
pd out of hiding

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 12:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

um,

well this is what i dreamt i would ask.....

1. How are you?

2. When will the new album come out (ruffly) ?

3. Will you be touring next year?

boring i know but leave me alone i'm tired.

pd back into hiding
spirit of eden

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 21:16    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Martin,
Happy Birthday/Merry Christmas/Happy New Year all rolled into one!
Firstly thank you for the brilliant EP have hardly stopped playing it (and it was free I would have gladly paid for it); all tracks are fantastic ('everyone knows its hard to let go'-yes you have a poetic way with words- those words helped me a lot)
Enjoyed the gig at Helping Hands earlier in the year met Sparky (keep up the good work!) your sister and her mate and thanx for the vinyl copy of SFA Phantom Power (album of the year anyone?)
The question I have is firstly on the picture gallery for the making of AFM there were songs such as Pot Bellied Pigs and Who Wants to Kill a Millionaire (and earlier still tracks like a 1000 days and Zizou); I just wondered if they were ever going to see the light of day in some form or other because 1000 days for instance I regard as one of your finest songs when you played it live back in 2000.
Secondly is there any chance of posting the lyrics for the i am a lion ep its a bit hard to catch them all (especially the ones with the voicecoder)
and i'm sure they are well worth reading.
Thanx
Hope 2004 is a good year for you Martin look forward to the new material. Sparky we will have to petition the mill in preston to put the captain on in the new year I know he has a lot of friends in this town (sorry city?) and it would be great to see you again. I owe you another beer by the way. Take care.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2003 23:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm of course looking forward to the new album as well, and I hope that the year 2004 is good for you Martin and for all of us! Because we're worth it. Wink
My head is always full of questions except for when I should ask something. Anyway, here's something I was thinking of earlier today...

Do you think that your new songs are better than anything you've ever written before, or are you just experimenting and still trying to find your own way to express yourself?
How are Sice and Tim and Bobby Boo doing these days?
What goes through your head when you hear your own songs played somewhere? It could be a good feeling or even somewhat embarrassing, or something... Well how the f*ck could I know.
I saw an Ash single in some music shop a long time ago and I think one of the songs was written by you. I couldn't be arsed to buy it then but now I've been trying to find it again. So am I just wasting my time, have I been dreaming again, or did you really write a song for Ash? Is it any good? Rolling Eyes
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 08:01    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright martin

Will Aston Villa qualify for europe this year?
If i offered you a million dollars would you do a one off boo radleys gig in chicago or will you yourself please perform here? I know the furries are in chicago in febuary get on the bill.
Thanks for your songs. Whenever i am sad, depressed,homesick or just fucked with the world i find something in one of your songs that makes everything seem ok and that means a lot to me
cheers forever, don't stop
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 08:15    Post subject: Reply with quote

what a winey bastard i sounded like there
BOO UP
Hew

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 08:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry i am drunk
one more

do you remember opening for better than ezra (shite) in like 1997 in america after cmon kids? That was the one and only time i got to see the boo's (you were wearing a FILA sweater i remember) and it makes me sad.......
chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:22    Post subject: Reply with quote

any chance of releasing the internet only stuff on a proper cd for us that haven't the technology or the nouse to download it and burn it off or whatever they call it?
chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and forgot to ask. I saw you when I went travelling in the US when the Boos played Boston in a little club in 1997 around the time of C'Mon Kids. It was a brilliant gig, but what did you think of the locals who would just stand there with their arms folded?
chris

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:24    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and forgot to ask. I saw you when I went travelling in the US when the Boos played Boston in a little club in 1997 around the time of C'Mon Kids. It was a brilliant gig, but what did you think of the locals who would just stand there with their arms folded?
smokeyoliv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 10:46    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well what kind of questions?
Interested, or stupid ones?

Let's go for the firts kind

1- Will "Ichabod & I" be releases on CD one day?
2- Dear Martin, when will you come back in France?
We are so fan of You Here (I remember the thank letter you wrote for the Inrockuptibles)?
3- When will you propose un chat on the Internet?
4- Do you still use some Helium for your voice in a gig? Smile
5- Wher have you been ???
(I will always ask you wher you've been event though I know the answer...)

Happy new Year to everyone...

olivier

PS sorry for my French-English

John Mc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:25    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) You used to be a big fan of The Manics. Do you ever listen to any of their old records now or have you given up on guitar music completely?
2) Which song from the past year do you wish you’d written?
3) Are you not tempted to write another big “Wake Up Boo” style pop song which might get in the charts, allow you to sell more records and therefore do more tours? Or would that be selling out to The Man?
4) Liam Gallagher – Rock God or arrogant buffoon?

Good luck with the new album and have a great new year.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 11:33    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think you will be working with music for a living for the rest of your life? If not, what could you imagine doing?

Do you write lyrics first or music?

Celebrities who do charity and are vocal about it, what do you think?

L&P
smokeyoliv

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2003 13:34    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Mc wrote:
4) Liam Gallagher – Rock God or arrogant buffoon?

Arrogant Nasty Buffoon, share the responsability of the no recognation of the fabulous talent of Martin by Creation.

In a show in France (Lyon) I went to see Oasis for their first LP.
As he was not moving on stage and look arrogant with his addidas shirt, we through (all the audience) some pieces of money Wink
And between two songs, he looked at us & said
"I'm a Popstar Assholes"

Charming man

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3