bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - New additions to my music collection
New additions to my music collection

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Thu Jan 01, 2004 13:32    Post subject: New additions to my music collection Reply with quote

Bought most of them in England in second-hand shops for REALLY cheap... The best thing about London is certainly the nice music shops, I spent hours and hours in those and found lots of rare and great stuff! Smile

Super Furry Animals singles: Golden Retriever, Hello Sunshine, Do Or Die - nice additions for my little SFA collection!

Gerry and the Pacemakers - The Story : old... but good!

Love - Forever Changes : I read a lot of positive comments about this in here, and I saw it for very cheap so I decided to buy it. I've listened to it twice now and at least yet I can't agree with with you - it's good but not brilliant. But I'll give it another listen...

Dead Man Ray - Cago : Check out this Belgian band and especially this album. Nice one! Smile

The Darkness - Permission To Land : Ok, think what you think, but I actually think this album is fucking ace. Not the best album of 2003 but very unique and good and I'm certainly looking forward for their next one. 'I Believe In A Thing Called Love' sounds annoying at first but I learned to like it.

Andy McCoy - Building On Tradition : Hanoi Rocks songwriter's brilliant solo album. Magic.

Dodgy - Free Peace Sweet : A happy poppy album - quite alright, but still can't listen to the whole album at one listen.

VINYLS:

Boo Radleys: Ride The Tiger 7", What's In The Box 7", Kaleidoscope 12" EP, Everything's Alright Forever 12" + bonus 7" (bargain!!)

Super Furry Animals - Juxtaposed With U 12" single
Melz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 21:39    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't yet got the "Do Or Die" single. Are the B-sides good?
Isn't "Blue Fruit" (B-side to "Golden Retriever") the greatest? Very Happy

Melz
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 02:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't remember the b-sides of 'Do Or Die' now... Will check them later and if you want I can send them to you too.
'Blue Fruit' is ace indeed. Thanks for sending me all that SFA stuff by the way, I didn't know what I was missing! Shocked
Melz

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 03:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're certainly welcome. I have some live stuff by the SFA if you want me to get them to you somehow?

Melz.
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 10:56    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with you very much re "forever changes" why all the fuss??
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:49    Post subject: Reply with quote

Melz wrote:
I haven't yet got the "Do Or Die" single. Are the B-sides good?

Just listened to "Do Or Die" this morning, and yeah, both of the B-sides, 'Missunderstanding (sic)' and 'Colorblind', are quite good indeed!
I will add them to your next Tommy Boo Collection if you want. Rolling Eyes
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:52    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like I forgot Super Furry Animals - Ice Hockey Hair(12" single) from my list. Shit, now I got all those vinyls but my turntable is still broken. Confused
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1