bravecaptain.co.uk :: View topic - Valid question...
Valid question...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 22:12    Post subject: Valid question... Reply with quote

...silly mind, but valid. The way I perceive it from my surroundings, unless a man is impotent, he is always ready for sex, always, and his standards are much lower, he'll do it to anyone really. How true/untrue is this?

Amor y Paz
mrfiresky

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 22:59    Post subject: Reply with quote

untrue.
Tommy BOO

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2004 23:20    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very untrue.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 00:15    Post subject: Re: Valid question... Reply with quote

Setareh Juventina wrote:
...silly mind, but valid. The way I perceive it from my surroundings, unless a man is impotent, he is always ready for sex, always, and his standards are much lower, he'll do it to anyone really. How true/untrue is this?

Amor y Paz

Seterah,
If I may discuss your point.
No malice is intended, I think you have raised a valid question and I want to explore it further.

Impotent.
Why would this make a difference?
Impotence isn't necessarily a lack of libido, merely the inability to acheive/sustain an erection. Thus someone who is impotent can be ready for sex, but ultimately unable to perform. It could be argued that someone suffering with this condition would not be ready, as suffering with this condition may lead to depression or frustration which can affect the libido, but being impotent alone wouldn't rule someone out of the argument.

Lower standards. Lower than what or whom? What is meant by "Standards?"
Sure, there will be men who go out on a Saturday night or whatever with the sole aim of "pulling" and having sex, but each individual will choose someone for this purpose based on a number of factors (arguably a high emphasis will be on physical appearance) but, with the best will in the word, it is not for you or I to go making value judgments on what different people perceive as a suitable sexual partner. I'm sure there is a large number of women who exhibit the same behaviour. I don't think it is simply a question of applying "standards".

I think the point you are trying to make is that men can detach themselves from the emotional side of the sexual act more so than women. Whilst one cannot make sweeping generalisations about this, I think from what I have read that this is perceived to be the case. Although to put some balance on it there are women who want sex for the sake of sex and require no emotional involvement. Just go to Ibiza or on an 18-30 holiday if you need proof of that!

Having said that, I do believe the man who craves sex so desperately that he will "do it to anyone really" is a rare creature. I was going to say that he would probably be paying for it, but even those people make a choice on who they pay, thus implying some form of "standards" (I'm not going to consider the moral issues of this, that is for another time!).

I think that ultimately there are people of both sexes who simply want sex for the sake of the act itself, their craving for sex is a purley selfish urge. If it were a perfect world all these people would go with each other and nobody would get hurt. Unfortunately people wanting more than that are caught up in someone elses selfish desires and that is where the problems start.

Smile
Dubya - T

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 00:19    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippin' log in!! Evil or Very Mad
My connection was reset halfway through writing the above piece and so it posted as "Guest".
I'm not trying to disguise my identity Smile

WT
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 01:50    Post subject: Re: Valid question... Reply with quote

Why would this make a difference?

-I meant, despite being totally ready he wouldn't get an erection, thus he's not 'ready'.

Lower standards. Lower than what or whom? What is meant by "Standards?"
-not explained well did I? Lower than mine...haha! Yeah you're right.

For the record, I didn't believe this to be true and I don't feel it with my male friends...but you never know what they say when I'm not there. Also, this perception I mostly get from movies/talkshows (serious and comedic)...so I needed to know if it was actually true and I was wrong. L&P
che

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:03    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, tommy, mr firesky + wt do not speak for me as i am ready to go at any given moment of the day w/anything provided it has a pulse.
Setareh Juventina

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:51    Post subject: Reply with quote

che wrote:
no, tommy, mr firesky + wt do not speak for me as i am ready to go at any given moment of the day w/anything provided it has a pulse.

A cat?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    bravecaptain.co.uk Forum Index -> bravecaptain All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1